CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – INTAKE SEPTEMBER 2018
The MSc program aims to offer postgraduate education and training to graduate students and executives that wish to work or are currently employed in the sectors of Shipping, Finance and Management, and aim to advance to the highest levels of the international market via an English-speaking graduate training program, which is highly acclaimed – ranked 5th in the World by eduniversal 2018 Masters ranking.
It is addressed to graduates with officially recognized undergraduate degrees in areas such as Economics, Finance, Management, Law, Science, Engineering.
The postgraduate program leads to the award of a Master’s of Science (MSc) degree and offers:
➢ A 12-months full-time program, designed to meet the needs of graduates, with lectures taking place mainly during the morning or in the afternoon.
➢ A 24-months part-time program, designed to meet the needs of business executives, where lectures are conducted in the evenings.
The MSc program offers:
• Postgraduate study in an International Maritime Centre, in Greece – with the highest ownership (in tonnage) in the World and hundreds of companies located here
• The opportunity to study at AUEB, a top School for Economics and Business in Greece and Internationally recognized for its quality of education, research and training
• An MSc program qualification officially recognized by the Greek State
• An academic program taught by world class professors – all with PhD’s, constantly reviewed to fit the needs of the industry
• Placements of students with companies at the end of the taught part of the program
• Visits to relevant companies and organizations
• Executive guest speakers from the industry and Workshops
• Access to major databases, newspapers, periodicals and academic journals related to shipping, finance and management
• Scholarships available to suitable applicants
• Academic excellence prizes, awarded to students at the end of the full and part time programs
The program operates in accordance with the MSc Program Regulation (approved by the 16th Senate Session of 5/7/2018) and Law 4485/2017.
The program has a rolling admissions procedure, conducted in three rounds, with the following deadlines:
➢ 1st round, Thursday 19th of July 2018
➢ 2nd round, Friday 24th of August 2018
➢ 3rd round, Monday 10th of September 2018
Places available are limited and applications are evaluated with priority order.
CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Applications are submitted electronically through: https://e-graduate.applications.aueb.gr/
Submission process: 1. register and login to the link above 2. find in the list of available Postgraduate Programs, the ‘MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management’ 3. select ‘full-time’ or ‘part-time’ program 4. complete all required fields in the application form Notice: you should complete the online application and click “Submit”. You will not have to upload any documents.
If any personal data is not applicable (for example VAT, which is not applicable for foreign students), please type “- “.
Within a period of three (3) days, applicants have to send by post or submit in person to the Secretariat’s office (see contact details below) the signed printed form of the electronic application along with the required supporting documents.
Secretariat, MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management, AUEB’s Centre for Postgraduate Studies, Room 913, 9th floor,
47A Evelpidon and 33 Lefkados St, 11362, Athens, Greece.
Monday to Friday: 11:30 – 19:00 Tel. +30 210-8203696, Fax: +30 210-8203667, Email: MSc.ISFM@aueb.gr, url: http://msc-isfm.aueb.gr/en-US
ΔΙΑΤΜΗΜΑΤΙΚΟ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑ ΜΕΤΑΠΤΥΧΙΑΚΩΝ ΣΠΟΥΔΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΔΙΕΘΝΗ ΝΑΥΤΙΛΙΑ, ΧΡΗΜΑΤΟΟΙΚΟΝΟΜΙΚΗ & ΔΙΟΙΚΗΣΗ
MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSc) IN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, FINANCE & MANAGEMENT
Documents that must be submitted with the application:
1. The signed printed application.
2. Copies of all University Degrees / Diplomas (Recognition by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (DOATAP) is required)
3. Official Transcripts of marks received (with certified translation in English in case the transcripts are not in Greek)
4. CV in English
5. Certified copy of the English language certification verifying very good command of the language (level C1, as determined by a TOEIC , IELTS or TOEFL score)
6. Two recent passport size photographs
7. Personal statement of approximately 500 words, in English
8. Two confidential recommendation letters (for FT program academic references, for PT program from Employers)
9. Proof of employment record, if any – required for part time applicants
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – INTAKE SEPTEMBER 2018